What support services are offered for elementary students?
Each Elementary School has a Migrant Strategist who works collaboratively with campus principal, assistant principals, teachers, counselors, nurses, and support staff. All supplemental services are first directed to Priority of Services (PFS) Migrant Students. The supplemental services provided to Migrant Students are:
- Migrant External Tutor (pending funding)
- Migrant Strategists ensures that students are provided instructional and support services: placement into Migrant Lab, verification of grades from receiving states/other school districts, monitoring academic progress, academic advisement, analyzing individual student data, and coordination of services with migrant and non-migrant staff.
- Before and after school tutoring
- Grade 3 and 5 STAAR Summer School Remediation
- Project SMART
- School Supplies
- Homework assistance tools: laptops, calculators, dictionaries/thesauruses
- Migrant Parent Meetings
- Staff Meetings
- Social Service Referrals