What campus support is offered for High School students?
Donna High School and Donna North High School share the Migrant Counselor. Each high school has two Migrant Strategists (one for 9th & 10th grade and one for 11th and 12th grade). The staff members work cohesively with non-migrant staff members as they supplement their work. All supplemental services are first directed to Priority of Service (PFS) Migrant Students. The supplemental services provided to Migrant Students are:
- Edmentum Courseware Software Application (more than 20 courses including core content subjects)
- Migrant/Edmentum Lab-Teacher made packets, credit-by-exams.
- Migrant Strategists ensure that students are on course to graduate, apply to universities, verify grades with other school districts in-State & Out-State, leadership activities,
- before and after school tutoring including Saturdays
- Summer School Enrichment Courses
- Migrant University Summer Experience Program
- School Supplies
- In-State & Out-of-State University Campus visits
- CLOSE-UP Program - Washington D.C.
- Migrant Club focusing on migrant students’ issues & community services
- Migrant Parent Meetings
- Staff meetings
- Use of Lap-Tops, and calculators
- Vouchers for Vision, Hearing & Dental
- Vouchers for Texas Success Initiative Assessment
- Clothing (Pending funds)