What are the eight needs of Texas Migrant Students?
- Migrant first graders must develop sufficient skills for promotion to Grade 2.
- Migrant students who failed TAKS/STAAR must participate in summer remediation.
- Migrant middle school students must use learning and study skills appropriate for learning.
- Migrant middle school students must have timely attention and appropriate intervention related to problems or concerns that are academically and non-academically related.
- Migrant middle school students must have the necessary homework assistance and tools at home essential for academic success.
- Migrant secondary students must earn the required core credits for on-time graduation.
- Migrant secondary students must make up course work they lack due to late enrollment or early withdrawal.
- Migrant students who migrate outside of Texas in summer months must be served in summer migrant programs through the efforts of interstate coordination.