The Safety and Risk Management Department is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our students, faculty, staff and visitors. Our Safety and Risk Management programs are designed to ensure the safety of employees, protection of property, and to comply with state and national regulations and standards.
Safety and Risk Management is an integral part of the everyday activities in any program or procedure. The day to day responsibility for these programs rests with those who supervise and/or participate in them. It is our goal to provide assistance to Department Directors and Supervisors in the fulfillment of their safety, risk management and regulatory compliance needs.
Our office takes care of employee insurance's which include: Dental, Health, Vision, and Voluntary Products.
Outside of annual enrollment, the only time you can change your benefits is when you experience a qualified life event. In most cases, you have up to 30 days from the date of your life event to make changes.
Contact the Safety and Risk Management Department if you experience the following and need to change your coverage:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation.
- Adoption or birth of a child.
- Death of a spouse or child.
- A child on your policy turns 26.
- Losing individual health coverage through a private plan.
- Losing eligibility for Medicare, Medicaid or CHIP.
- You or one of your covered dependents gain or lose other benefits coverage due to a change in employment status — for example, beginning or ending a job.
- Becoming a U.S. citizen.
- Leaving jail or prison.