Donna ISD offers group health insurance coverage to all full-time employees. There are two plans available: Medium and High Plan.
Full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per weeks and are at least 18 years of age are eligible to participate in the benefits program. Coverage for full-time employees start on the first day of the month following employment. Once your enrollment is completed, no changes will be allowed until the next annual open enrollment period unless you have a Qualifying Life Event. If you experience a qualifying life event, please contact Safety and Risk Management within 30 days of the event in order to change current benefit elections.
A Qualifying Life Event is:
- A change in the number of dependents (birth, adoption, death, guardiaship);
- A change in marital status (marriage, divorce, death, legal separation);
- A termination or commencement of employment of employee's spouse or eligible dependent with coverage;
- A change in employee's, spouse's or dependent's work hours;
- You or your spouse becomes eligible for Medicare benefits;
- Other events as the Plan Administrator determines to be permitted under I.R.S. Section 125 or any other applicable guidelines issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
Eligible Dependents are:
- An employee's legal spouse (common law spouses require a Common Law Certificate.
- An employee's unmarried dependent child under age of 26 (including adopted children, stepchildren, foster children, minor child for whom a court has ordered coverage, a child being placed for adoption with the employee or a child for whom a court has appointed the employee or their spouse the legal guardian).
- Any dependent child of any age who is physically or mentally unable to care for themselves and are primarily dependent upon the employee for support.
- Dependent child(ren) for whom health care coverage is required through a Qualified Medical Child Support Order or other court or administrative order - even if the child does not reside with the employee.
Open enrollment for 2021-2022 will be August 16 - August 30, 2021.
New Rates for our HMO Plans:
To view your all your current benefits and self-enrollment, you may visit the link provided below with your registration information. For asssitance, please contact our department.
To find a provider under your HMO, you may visit the link provided:
You can log in to your account and find primary care providers in the area.
You can also search as a guest by clicking on the option "Search as a guest"
Please select the Blue Essentials HMO plan to accurately search for providers in the network.